FOUNDED IN 2009, WAVE CENTER IS A TRAINING CENTER SPECIALIZED IN THE FIELD OF MARITIME RADIO COMMUNICATIONS
WAVE CENTERThe WAVE CENTER was founded with the aim of offering education and training in the maritime sector. Over the years, we have acquired considerable experience in the development of study programs and in the management of courses aimed at satisfying the international requirements of maritime communications. The supervision and related coordination of the WAVE CENTER were initially handled by Prof. Giovanni Romano who has considerable experience in the maritime field as he has carried out tasks both as a Radio Operator on merchant ships and as a teacher of radio communications at various nautical institutes. Since the beginning of our activity, we have been collaborating with various shipping companies, charter companies and seafarers associations. Since 2013, we have been the only company in Italy to prepare students of the prestigious Italian Maritime Academy of Genoa to obtain the GMDSS GOC international certificate.
AMERC / MCAIn November 2009, we were authorized by the Association of Marine Electronic and Radio Colleges (AMERC) to provide GMDSS courses on behalf of the UK MCA (United Kingdom Maritime and Coastguard Agency). AMERC is an association of companies, universities and private organizations that offers courses and consultancy in the maritime radio and electronics field internationally. It is based in the United Kingdom and has numerous members in various countries around the world. Advantages:
- Certificates recognized worldwide;
- Exams at the end of the course;
- Simplification of requirements necessary to obtain the certificate (it is sufficient to be 18 years old, without restriction of nationality or educational qualification);
- Education, training and updating in the maritime field of the highest level;
- Study courses and examination programs harmonized with the procedural and technical standards provided by the European standards of the CEPT (European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations).